Wednesday, February 28, 2007

WORD SPREADS FAST EVEN WITHOUT AN EMAIL

Word certainly spreads fast throughout Regency without the need for any of my emails. My telephone answering system ran out of space because of over 40 telephone calls. I would love to call everyone back but suffice it to say for the next few days I will be very busy dealing with Greta and her current medical problem.

Fortunately things were caught just at the right time. As Greta told me, that's the 3rd time her pharmacist husband saved her life. She will owe me big time when she gets herself back on the road to recovery. Greta has suffered all of her life with chronic sinus infections necessitating 14 operations in the sinuses. She was currently receiving home IV antibiotic therapy that I was administering 4x daily.

She developed some breathing problems which I said I was very concerned about and with my consulting with her doctor I took her to the hospital where they found she had a pulmonary embolism plus other clots in the arm where the PIC line was inserted. Suffice it to say, we were very fortunate to get her the medical help she needed.

Again, many thanks to those of you who called and my apologies for not calling you back as well as my not calling many of you to tell you about Greta's condition. Things happened very fast and as our closest friends know, I love my wife VERY MUCH and situations like this always brings to mind that we should all be healthy, we should all stay healthy and we should all live life to it's fullest.
When my wife get's home from the hospital I'm going to ask her to go to my BLOG and listen to the song that I am playing especially for her.
http://regencyemailer2.blogspot.com/

WELCOME BACK TO EMAILING - ADVANCED BROADBAND RESIDENTS

It's been awhile since my thinking of a way to handle the fiasco of sending emails to AB residents. Hopefully the problem has been solved. Temporarily, I am using my email address at YAHOO.COM to send emails out for just AB residents. I am hopeful that once AB is gone and even if you maintain your AB email address, that the new company would be able to handle or resolve the problem so that all of my emails can be sent out using IntelliContact.

As I mentioned in a separate email that I sent directly to all AB residents, having a backup email address would be strongly suggested. You can go to either YAHOO.COM or HOTMAIL.COM and secure a FREE email address. Once you do that, then let me know what your new address is and it will be put in my address book. Frankly speaking, everyone should have a backup email address just in case something should happen to your primary address. The emailer has 4 addresses but I only check 2 of them daily.

MEN'S GOLF AT THE MEADOWS
2007 SEASON
MEETING FOR ALL REGULARS AND SUBS
TUESDAY, MARCH 13TH - 5:00 PM CLUBHOUSE


The first day of our Opening Season at the Meadows is not that far away (Wednesday, April 4th). We currently have 12 tee times (48 guys) plus 26 subs.

If you haven't given Seymour Hyden your $25 please do so before March 1st. Your name will not be included on the schedule until the $25 is paid. Floridians can mail him a check. We will discuss at the meeting what the $25 will be used for.

If you are a Regular or a Sub, our first meeting will be on TUESDAY MARCH 13TH AT 5:00 PM IN THE CLUBHOUSE. We will be discussing the scheduling, rules, tournaments, penalties, etc., so please try to attend. The schedule for the first 3 weeks in April will be given out. If you aren't attending, an email will be sent to you and the schedule will be posted on my blog. With the current problems I am having with Advanced Broadband, some of you might not be receiving my emails so check the BLOG for the schedule and for any messages related to our golf season.

Due to the large number of players and subs playing this year, instead of my doing everything by myself, I now have 3 "volunteers" who will be assisting me - Jerry Stollar, Jerry Scott and Marty Kornfeld. Just like last year, the schedules will be done in 3 week periods so you would know 3 weeks in advance when you will be playing and who your foursome is. We ask that you provide us with those dates that you would be unable to play. If the dates aren't provided and your name is on the schedule then you will be responsible for finding a sub.

At our meeting on March 13th you will be given the schedule for April 4th, 11th and 18th. Some of you have already told me that you won't be able to play on these dates. Some Floridians have also written me to tell me when they will be coming back. If you haven't contacted me, then you will be scheduled to play on the dates mentioned. The golf committee will not find subs for players that are scheduled to play but can't play.

In a previous email that was sent to only the golfers (Regulars and Subs), I gave you a password to view the names, addresses and email addresses of all the players. If you forgot the password, just send me an email. I had indicated that I will be providing email addresses of all the players and if any player wishes his email address remain private then this person should contact me. Everyone elected to share email addresses with each other. That's good since communications amongst ourselves is very important especially when trying to find subs and making arrangements with your foursome to go to the Meadows. I ask that each of you respect the privacy of each other. The list with email addresses is to be used ONLY for things related to Men's Golf at the Meadows. It's NOT to be used for any other purpose. Naturally to "kick off" the season we will have our first tournament (of many to come). We will discuss this at our meeting. Finally, please remember to go to the Meadows prior to your playing your first time. We don't want you signing up just before your foursome is to go out. This will delay the foursome from starting on time.

The names of all the subs and regulars will be found on my blog. Just scroll down and on the left hand side you will find Meadows golf. Click on the file name and insert the password. It will list all the Regulars and Subs plus it will list the date you will be starting. You have until March 1st to contact me with a change in the date for you to start. If you know other dates that you won't be able to play, let me know.

REGENCY HADASSAH

Monday March 19, 2007
7:30PM-Clubhouse Ballroom
Passover cooking Demo by Hadassah members

2nd printing of Hadassah Passover Cookbook available at meeting for $5.00

Please contact Sandy Cains at 732-656-0301 if you are able to attend

SAVE THE DATE

APRIL 30, 2007
7:00 PM - CLUBHOUSE BALLROOM
HADASSAH SPRING FASHION SHOW
BY SIGRID OLSEN
WITH COMPLETE CATERED SIT DOWN DINNER BY DONAL CATERERS

WOMEN'S GROUP
CANASTA TOURNAMENT
APRIL 23TH


CLICK ON LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION
http://www.comteche.com/free-image-hosting/images/eLK38861.pdf

A TOUR OF THE GOVERNOR'S MANSION

Docent led tour of the Governor's Mansion (Drumthwacket) in Princeton on Wednesday, April 11 at 10:30 am. We are carpooling to Princeton. Lunch following the tour at Capuano Restaurant in West Windsor. Cost $30 per person. Contact Isabel Schwartz for more information 732-605-1032.

THAT'S IT FOR NOW
RON