Thursday, March 27, 2008

THANKS AGAIN

It's just me saying thank you for all the nice emails I receive saying how much you enjoy my emailing. Personally I think I am boring! The Florida "snowbirds" have told me that even though they are away from their "nest" the news they read on my BLOG makes them feel like they are still at Regency.

I want to remind everyone that if you are sending me an email, I answer everyone, even if it's to say THANKS. When you don't receive a response, it only means that I have inadvertently removed it. My average on emails received per day is over 400 and on some days, when my EBAY auctions close, I hit close to 1000 (yes 1000). So I give my emails a very quick look and the most important area is the SUBJECT line of the emails. If you are trying to contact me, just put REGENCY somewhere in the subject line.

Again, it's my pleasure to do what I am doing, especially for this community. Even the "snowbirds" have told me that Florida is Florida but Regency is home and Regency is special.

CHECK OUT THE SLIDESHOW ON THE LEFT

Yes, new pictures have been added (about 40). I even have a picture of someone (no names) that has played in my card games on Mondays and Wednesdays for 6 years and this might be the only picture he has ever taken. The Fleischer's, the Greenberg's, the Steinberg's, my wife Greta sticking out her tongue to me, the Mankin's, the Kortmansky's, even a new picture of the Kornfeld's, the Wolff's, the Isaac's, Les Langer cuddling next to THE FINGER (Stu Finger), the Bickel's, the Haback's plus lots of other pictures of your friends and neighbors have just been added.

I need more pictures so if you take pictures at some function, send them to me. Remember to speed up the slideshow just click on the + sign several times.

REGENCY MEN'S CLUB PRESENTS "TEXAS HOLD EM" ONE DAY EVENT
SUNDAY MAY 18 STARTING AT 11:30


ALL MEN & WOMEN INVITED $30 PP INCLUDES PRIZES & LUNCH

CONTACT: JERRY STOLLAR 656 0580
RICHARD LANS 605 1828

MEN'S CLUB REMINDER

MEN'S CLUB GRAND KIDS DAY
SUNDAY MAY 4TH 11AM AT THE CLUBHOUSE

GAMES, PRIZES, MAGIC, FOOD & MUCH MORE

$1 PER CHILD (OVER 2) ADULTS $2

CONTACTS CARL SILVERMAN 521 1270
ART COOPER 521 0058

A WORD OF CAUTION
A MESSAGE FROM A RESIDENT

Drivers Beware:
The other day I made the mistake of passing on the righthand shoulder at the intersection of 614 and 615. I was preparing to make a right onto 615 (in the direction of Greenbriar). A cop was sitting in the 9/11 Memorial Parking Lot and saw me. He pulled me over and issued me a summons for not wearing a seat belt. Fortunatly he didn't give me a ticket for passing on the right, as that involves points. He said that he was doing me a favor and only giving me the seatbelt summons. Of course, I always wear my seatbelt but had taken it off to reach my registration, etc. I mentioned this to another member of our community and it seems that this same scenario happened to him at that intersection as well - same cop, same words, everything. So, a word to the wise, watch out for moving into the shoulder before it turns into the righthand turning lane.
A Regency Resident

RESIDENT IS LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WITH A 33 RPM RECORD PLAYER

Looking for a record player to play 33s or someone who can take songs from 33s and put them on CDs. Please call Marilyn Jaclin at 732-605-1444.

WOMEN'S GROUP SPRING FLING

There is space available for one couple for Saturday's, March 29th Spring Fling. If you are interested, please call Joan Ehrenworth @ 521-5856 or Arline Yesner @ 656-4527

ATTENTION TAFT GRADUATES

There will be a reunion of graduates of William Howard Taft High School in the Bronx, all years, on Thursday-Sunday, June 19-22nd, 2008, in Las Vegas. It will take place at the Sahara Hotel. The Platters will be part of the entertainment. For more information, call Linda Litsky at 605-0320.

TWO or FOUR TICKETS FOR SALE

NJ Symphony Orchestra Series at NJPAC
Saturday, May 3, 2008
8:00 PM
GREAT SEATS: Grand Tier, center orchestra on the isle

DEE DEE BRIDGEWATER
jazz vocalist
$47.50 per ticket

CALL: FRAN LANGER - 732-605-1345

THAT'S IT FOR NOW
RON